The Builders Exchange will be closed
Friday, July 1st and Monday July 4th
in observance of Independence Day.
We will re-open Tuesday, July 5th at 7 am.
Enjoy your weekend.
The Builders Exchange of Iron Mountain-Kingsford (BX) has been the major clearing-house for commercial and industrial construction projects out for bid in the area since 1960. Working in cooperation with the Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce, the BX functions as a professional network for close to 100 companies involved in the construction, landscaping, architectural, engineering and many other industries from all over the Upper Peninsula and Wisconsin. The purpose of the organization is to encourage the economic growth of our community. Local construction projects are kept local by providing projects to members as soon as they are released. The organization is governed by a five-member Board of Directors that meets bi-monthly. The main purposes of the Exchange are:
- To provide a weekly newsletter (bid list) and daily updates to members that lists all the plans and specs available in the area.
- To provide a contractor directory that lists all members alphabetically by classification to include contact, address and phone number.
- To provide a physical Plan Room for member and public use.
- To provide an online Plan Room that offers members access to project files from any device. This is a member-exclusive feature.
- To provide blueprint copying, printing, scanning, & emailing services from internet plan rooms, exterior drives, documents emailed to the BX and hard copies. These services are available for nominal fee to the public, and discounted rates to members.
With our Canon TX-3000 wide format printer in our physical Plan Room we offer the ability to reduce and enlarge drawings, download prints via the internet, print drawings from pdf formatted files, scan drawings onto an external drive or email as attachments. The Plan Room is available to both members and the public during normal business hours: Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. Suzanne Larson, Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director may be available on Fridays for requests. Please email them to BX@dickinsonchamber.com as she periodically checks this email on Fridays and while I am out of the office. The Builders Exchange is a non-profit organization with annual dues of $120.00 per year. If interested in more information concerning membership or how the Builders Exchange works, please contact Jill Mondloch, BX Director at 906-828-3834.