The Builders Exchange of Iron Mountain-Kingsford (BX) has been the major clearing-house for commercial and industrial construction projects out for bid in the area since 1960. Working in cooperation with the Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce, the BX functions as a professional network for close to 100 companies involved in the construction, landscaping, architectural, engineering and many other industries from all over the Upper Peninsula and Northern Wisconsin. The purpose of the organization is to encourage the economic growth of our community. Local construction projects are kept local by providing projects to members as soon as they are released. The main purposes of the Exchange are:
- To provide a weekly newsletter (bid list) and daily updates to members with plans and specs as available
- To provide a contractor directory of all members
- To provide a physical Plan Room for member and public use.
- To provide an online Plan Room that offers members access to project files from any device. This is a member-exclusive feature.
- To provide copying, printing, scanning, & emailing services from internet plan rooms, thumb drives, documents emailed to the BX and hard copies. These services are available for nominal fee to the public, and discounted rates to members.
BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE
Contact The Builders Exchange Office:
Phone: 906-828-3834 | Email: email@example.com
600 South Stephenson Avenue, Iron Mountain MI 49801
(located in the Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce Office)
With our Canon TX-3000 wide format printer in our physical Plan Room we offer printing services up to 36″ wide, download prints via the internet, print drawings from pdf formatted files, scan drawings onto an external drive or email as attachments. Copier services are available to both members and the public during core hours: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm; Fridays by appointment. Please email requests to BX@dickinsonchamber.com and allow 1-2 days to process. The Builders Exchange is a non-profit organization with annual dues of $140.00 per year which include business card advertising on our website. If interested in more information concerning membership or how the Builders Exchange works, please contact Jill Mondloch, BX Director at 906-828-3834.